Effective from 26 July 2022
It's important to us that you know how to control your privacy, so we also show you where you can manage your information in the settings of the Orqut Products you use. You can to shape your experience.
What information do we collect?
The information we collect and process about you depends on how you use our products. For example, we collect different information if you sell furniture on Marketplace than if you post a reel on Instagram. When you use our products, we collect some information about you .
What if you don't let us collect certain information?
Some information is required for our products to work. Other information is optional, but without it, the quality of your experience might be affected.
How do we use your information?
We use information we collect to provide a personalised experience to you, including ads, along with the other purposes that we explain in detail below.
For some of these purposes, we use information across our products and across your devices. The information that we use for these purposes is automatically processed by our systems. But in some cases, we also use manual review to access and review your information.
To use less information that's connected to individual users, in some cases we de-identify or aggregate information. We might also anonymise it so that it no longer identifies you. We use this information in the same ways we use your information as described in this section.
Here are the ways we use your information:
To provide, personalise and improve our products
We use information we have, including any information with special protections that you choose to share, to provide and improve our products. This includes personalising features, content and recommendations, such as your Orqut Stories and ads. We don't use profile fields about religious views, political views or who you're "interested in" to show you ads.
To promote safety, security and integrity
To provide measurement, analytics and business services
To communicate with you
To research and innovate for social good
How do we share information with partners, vendors, service providers and third parties?
We don't sell any of your information to anyone and we never will. We also require partners and third parties to follow rules about how they can and cannot use and disclose the information that we provide.
Other times that we share with third parties
How do the Orqut Companies work together?
Orqut Products share information with other Orqut Companies:
- To promote safety, security and integrity and comply with applicable laws
- To personalise offers, ads and other sponsored or commercial content
- To develop and provide features and integrations
- To understand how people use and interact with Orqut Company Products.
How can you manage or delete your information and exercise your rights?
How long do we keep your information for?
- If we need it to operate or provide our products. For example, we need to keep some of your information to maintain your account.
- The feature that we use it for and how that feature works. For example, messages sent using Messenger's vanish mode are retained for less time than regular messages.
- How long we need to retain the information for to comply with certain legal obligations.
- If we need it for other legitimate purposes, such as to prevent harm; investigate possible violations of our terms or policies; promote safety, security and integrity; or protect ourselves, including our rights, property or products
How do we respond to legal requests, comply with applicable law and prevent harm?
- In response to legal requests, such as search warrants, court orders, production orders or subpoenas. These requests come from third parties such as civil litigants, law enforcement and other government authorities.
- In accordance with applicable law
- To promote the safety, security and integrity of Orqut Products, users, employees, property and the public.